Maintenance Committee Meeting – 29th March 2023
Modbury Parish Council Maintenance Committee Meeting
Wednesday 29th March, 6.30pm in The Parish Office
PRESENT: Cllrs Rob West (RW)(Chair), Andy Walker (AW), Pete Watts (PW)
2022 19M There were no apologies for absence
2022 20M Marigold’s Day
- Plans for the day are well in hand and, as in previous years, individual jobs have been identified and work sheets prepared detailing tools required and procedures to use.
- It will be a 9.30 start at the parish office for volunteers to register.
- Copies of the risk assessment and procedures will be available on the registering desk
- Any individuals who start their tasks without coming first to the office will be asked to register throughout the day as organisers circulate.
- It will be explained to volunteers that if they do not register they will be working at their own risk and will not be covered by parish council insurance
- Volunteer application forms will be available for people to leave their details if they wish to be entered on the volunteer database for future projects
- Refreshments will be served in the pavilion at 4pm
- SHDC Localities team will be providing extra equipment a week before the event and RW will check there are sufficient resources
- SHDC will do a special waste collection following the event
2022 21M Play parks – Review of maintenance needs
- The maintenance team and EMP have been keeping on top of faults highlighted by the monthly safety checks.
- Earthwrights have been called in under warranty to remedy problems identified at the last check
2022 21M Grass cutting
- a) It was agreed that Arbocure are providing an excellent and flexible service and that the contract will continue. The Patch to be added to the schedule
- b) Rewilding areas (managed by MODWAG) are on the 2 verges at the entrance to Church Lane
2022 22M Road maintenance
RW expressed his willingness to continue as Road Warden from May 9th onwards
2022 23M Tuckers Brook – The Patch
- a) It was agreed to get 3 quotes for the painting of the fence and the trimming of the trees / hedges
- b) It was agreed that Council would provide a picnic table in the new financial year
- c) It was agreed that the Patch would be added to the grass cutting schedule – 9 cuts
- d) Clerk to order a sign for the area
2022 24M Date for next meeting to be agreed once the new council is in place. RW happy to attend for a hand-over.